Latest message you have seen: Re: (OT) On line photo albums

connecting nokia 3310 to pc to send sms

Hi,

Someone was asking before about connecting a Nokia 3310 that he got
cheaply from ebay to his pc to send and receive sms messages. I have
a 3410 and I won a data cable from ebay, I have also downloaded some
sms shareware but it is refusing to believe the phone is connected.
Do I need to install a driver on the pc or change some setting on the
phone? At the moment all I have done is plug the cable into the
serial port and plugged the cable under the battery on the phone.

Thanks,
Stephen.