Re: Re: Compaq Proliant Server help

Ian Lowe wrote:

> Sniping Ebay auctions is anti-social behaviour and is widely held to
be
> responsible for the reduction in the number of cool and interesting
> auctions on the site in recent months - good sellers have given up on
> ebay because of automated sniping.

Sorry Ian I totally disagree. Unless you are a complete muppet, someone
using a sniping service shouldn't stop you from losing the auction -
***unless they were prepared to pay more for it than you***.

Bidding manually in the last 2 minutes at the highest price you're
prepared to pay will still beat the snipers if they put in a lower price
than you.

I think it's the only sensible way to use ebay (I haven't used a sniper
myself, but I would have no problem with using one).

If the other bidders are daft enough to try and get the item for minimum
price buy placing a highest-plus-minimum bid multiple times, then yes
there is a danger that the item won't sell for its highest potential price.

A better solution might be to use a sealed bid system (which is
effectively what it would be if everyone bid high and late)...

Jim