Re: Compaq Proliant Server help

  • Subject: Re: Compaq Proliant Server help
  • From: "matt_miles_uk" <m_miles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 20:21:36 -0000

Thanks for the encouragement guys!  IDE would be a bonus but my first
idea was to use the 4.3Gb SCSI drives on the unit as seperate home
directories for each user.

Is there a limit to how many processor / memory boards you can fit?

cheers,

Matt

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Brian G. Reynolds"
<brian.g.reynolds@n...> wrote:
> We use a 3000 for our ghost server at work, old bit of kit but
reliable.

> I was using a 2500 at home and still have it sitting here doing
nothing. Also very reliable.

> Spares are still available for these older machines.
>
> I build loads and loads of Compaq servers and find them an absolute
dream.... that was until HP came along...

> I am afraid I find the HP quality control non-existent. Sorry HP
but you really do need to sort this out.