From: Paul Gordon [mailto:paul_gordon@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 17 March 2004 13:01
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Bluetooth questions

Hiy'all...

couple of v. quick questions about BT headsets....

Can I pair a headset with multiple devices? - can I operate a headset
with
multiple devices simultaneously?

I've heard about problems with Nokia phones & BT headsets, and I've
seen

advice to buy *only* the Nokia headset to use with a Nokia phone... If
this
is true, are there likely to be any issues using a Nokia headset with
some
other (non Nokia) device as well...

Reason for questions: I have a (company supplied) Nokia 6310i now, and I

plan to get an XDA2 sometime soon.... I can't just put the SIM from the
Nokia in the XDA, since it isn't enabled for GPRS (and isnt likely to
be),
so like it or not, I'm going to end up having to carry two devices... -
but
since they are different form-factors, I'm overly worried about that....

I'm not especially worried about using the XDA for voice either (data
only
would be OK), but preliminary investigations seem to be suggesting that
it's
actually cheaper to buy it with a voice contract than without.... Having

just changed car, I no longer have a proper fitted carkit for the Nokia
phone, and although I can have one if I want, I think I'd just as soon
use a
wireless headset to keep the car a little less cluttered. (and also
means I
can change the handset to something else if I like...). If I'm going to
buy
a BT headset, I'd like to be able to use it with both devices, - and
also
with my old iPAQ as well if possible...

So what are the possibilities?....

Cheers guys.

Paul G.

http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx