Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Home Automation Integration and touchscreen front end

Re: Interfacing With Ethernet

Quoting ian.bird@xxxxxxx:

> I am struggling at the moment to
> solder a 100 pin chip without screwing it up. Two destroyed so far -
two
> more to go before I have to get some more ;-(( The main problem is no
> soldermask on the home made PCB.

Possible Brainwave Alert !!!!

Print a Solder Resist with "INVERT COLOURS" This gives a black
image with clear
holes where all the connections are.

Before you strip the unexposed etchresist AFTER the board has been etched,
put
it back in the lightbox and expose it to the Solder Resist printout.

Develop the board and all the bits you need to solder to should be clear of
resist but the rest of the tracks should still be covered with etchresist
which
may offer some protection against solder bridges.

I HAVENT TRIED THIS other than just printing out the Solder Resist image
but it
you have nothing to lose by trying this, and possibly everything to gain
:-)

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx