RE: Re: Touchscreen PCs back on Ebay

Whilst it is probably generally true that 'beefier' power supplies have
more
connectors this is simply because people use them to connect more devices -
the number of leads is really no indication to the wattage of the power
supply. Also different power supplies provide different current ratings on
the different voltage outputs so it's not as simple as it seems. Roughly
though the ratio of the current drawn is known across the outputs for a
typical PC so there is one  wattage that is quoted for a 'typical' power
supply used in a PC. This may supply +12V +5V -5V -12V = although from
memory one of these is not used (-5v ?)

Kevin

Terms of Service.