Latest message you have seen: RE: Hot water taps

Re: [OT] Buildng a concrete base

Paul

I recently put up a conservatory and carport.

I needed about 4 m3 of concrete for the slab so went with a local "mix
on
site" company.

They supplied the barrows, water, materials etc etc etc, along with a
Huooooge lorry to mix it all up.

They do the mixing and then drop it into a barrow for you to pour.

Pouring was easy. With the help of a mate, we had the whole lot done in
about 20 minutes.

I think the cost was about £180

Unless your workshop is going to be palatial, I suspect that you won't need
more than about 2.5M3 of concrete. The problem with ready mix is that you
have to buy the whole load - If you only use part of it, some companies
even
charge you for returning the excess to the depot!

Sounds to me like it's just the job for a mix on site outfit.

One other thought. Last summer, I also put down a 10 x 8 slab for a shed.
At
100mm thick, I just bought a bag of aggregate, 20 odd bags of cement and
knocked the whole lot up by hand - Keeps you fit ;-)

Post back (probably off list as this is so OT) if you want more info.

HTH

Regards

Neil