Re: Solwise Router

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Mark McCall" <lists@a...> wrote:
> > If you mean using a USB ADSL Modem
>
> I do.
>
> > then please DON'T, they have a
> > lower throughput and are generally not thought of to be any good
>
> Hmmmm....lower throughput?
>
> M.

Please dont go for the USB type, I have installed one for a client
and it is a pain in the ar*&. If you are intending to have more than
one PC access the internet then you have got to set up Internet
Sharing. If the PC is turned off then the rest of the PCs cant get
onto the internet.

Even if you are only using one PC, then with a router if a friend has
got a laptop then they can just connect up with cat5 and they are away

USB Modems require drivers that are a PITA. The list goes on

http://adslguide.org is the best place
to look for better views on
USB Modems, I am sure that the throughput is usually less with USB
modems.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx