RE: Exstreamer Users?

> I already have an IIS server on my intranet (soon to be replaced with
> linux apache box) so I use that instead. The extreamer can use any
http
> source for "pulling" files, or from windows SMB shares, and
can stream
> files
> from a variety of other internet radio stations, winamp plugins etc.

Can you expand on this please?

> One thing I do like is the "virtual soundcard" driver for
windows, which
> allows you to use the exstreamer as a remote set of speakers for the
PC,
> so you can output any sound - doesnt have to be MP3.

Basically I like the basic idea of zServer but want to browse my collection
in their existing /artist/album/ directories.

The zServer is made to fit on an iPAQ I assume, but it looks poor on a PC.

Thanks

M.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx