Wired Dimming / Switching

I'm at the point of replacing my X10 gear upstairs with a wired solution,
get round the annoying half second lag.  I can only do upstairs at the
moment because I have access to the wiring - downstairs will be staying X10
for a few years to come...

Before resorting to making my own controller, I'd like to check out the
comercially available options.

I'll need to replace 4 dimmers and 6 appliance modules, and the whole lot
will need to be controlled from my PC via RS232 or LAN.  I use my own
software for control, so whatever system I choose, it will need to have a
documented interface.

Would C-Bus be suitable?  Are there any other (cheaper) solutions?

Mal

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx