Streaming DVDs - questions

Hi,

OK, I've pretty much given up hope of buying a suitable DVD changer, so
now I'm looking into streaming.   Before I get started, I have some
basic questions.  First - here's what I'd like to accomplish:

1)       Host around 300 DVDs from servers in the garage (next to
lounge)

2)       Stream movies over wireless LAN to "a device" in lounge
(or
even other rooms in house)

3)       Play movies on TV or Projector

4)       Output audio as 5.1 through AV processor (Cyrus)

Now here are my concerns/questions

1)       What will the quality be like - would really like this to be
lossless?

2)       Will this work over 802.11B WLAN?  Do I need 802.11g or is even
this not enough?

3)       How much disk space would I need for around 300 DVDs?

4)       Kind of related to 3 above - which is the best format to use,
VOB, DIVX, Windows Media

5)       Which is the best device to play the streams?

6)       Any good interfaces to contol the whole thing?  I have a touch
screen PC in the lounge, so looking for something that'd work well with
it.

>From what I've found so far, Kiss DVD players seem a good option for
playback over a network, however the interface doesn't prove popular?
Is there a suitable setup with a third party interface?   Also, is it
worth waiting for the next versions of Kiss players which support
Windows Media 9?

I could always build a small PC to run this, but I'm after something
that'll just "work" without the hassle of navigating through
windows to
play a movie?  I really don't fancy a "Blue Screen of Death" half
way
through a movie :-)

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,

Nick

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx