RE: Is this possible with BlueTooth?

There are also some 'passive' aerial setups available for cars that
use an external aerial attached outside the card via a cable presumably to
something that re-radiates the signal within the pseudo 'faraday cage' type
interior of the car. They require no power. This is particulalry useful
where the car has metallised windows of some form. It allows the use of a
'free' mobile within the car interior - although this might now be not such
a good idea now with the new handsfree laws.
A similar idea might work for you in the basement if you have the
ability to mount some form of external antenna on your floors above - on a
car the metal acts as a groundplane which helps so it might not be quite so
effective to you - although a different aerial design could help achieve
this.
I have no idea if these devices actually 'do what they say on the
tin' or if they are just gimmicks though.

Kevin