[OT] VERY STUPID RAID QUESTION!

Hello all!

Firstly, i managed to get my IBM network stations running - but now
i have problems with the server software - where is the button i
push to make it run citrix!!!!!!

Anyway, I am also in the early stages of building my 'hommage to
windows media centre' - or should that be fromage?  I never
understood French!

The media will be served from a seperate fileserver with DVD iso's
and lots of MP3's etc...

After looking at Paul Gale's stuff (i think it was him - sorry if it
wasn't!) I was advised to use RocketRAID cards from Highpoint.  Can
anyone tell me:

1) if more than 1 card can be put into a PC at a time

2) if using RAID-0 with 2 cards can the drives be bridged so that
insead of 2 virtual drives [8 physical] being shown 1 virtual drive
is shown [16 physical in 2 groups of 8] in Windows?

Hope i've managed to confuse everyone now!

Oh, and without bringing up the Linux Vs. Windows debate which one
do you wrekon is easier to use as a fileserver? (i'm used to windows
servers but not linux/unix)

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx