From: "John B" <home-automation@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 5:53 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] C-Bus Switches and Dimming

> Hi all,
>
> In the past I've noticed that the way in which the LD11's momentary
switch
operates is not always guest-friendly, i.e. pressing the button to cycle
through dim and bright.

> As I'm due to move house within the next month, I'm thinking about
installing C-bus in the new house, and wondered what options the C-bus
switches have for dimming.

> Do they work the same as an LD11, i.e. pressing and holding the button
will cycle through dim, then bright, or are there more options to choose
from?
> (I like the idea of the way the new X10 micro dimmer works, having a
2-way
rocker allowing for distinct dim and bright operations)

> Also, do the various different ranges (e.g. E2000, Neo, Saturn)
operate
any differently (i.e. push buttons vs. rocker switches etc.) or do all the
switches offer the same functionality.