From: Dean Barrett [mailto:dean@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 02 March 2004 08:43
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Digital CCTV recording

Are you talking about a stand alone DVR or a PCI solution.

A favourite amongst a few of us here for the PCI solution is the
GeoVision
stuff - available from Henry's and the like. We use it here
http://www.rolec.net follow the CCTV
link and you can view camera's. If
you
use UKHA as a password you can view all camera's at moment..

It allows streams all around your network via the webcam plugin - we
have 10
simultaneous users viewing it. My solution at home is very similar i use
4
camera's connected to PCI card, but also slip each camera signal which
is
fed into a 4way auto switcher with inbuilt modulator which is them piped
into my TV distribution. This gives me best of both worlds - Big Screen
Plasma Size CCTV, PC and PDA version too. The PDA version is cool - i
can
sit at home and log straight into my CCTV server at work and make sure
everyone is in :)