RE: [OT] DVD Rewriter and disks

>> DVD player won't like any of them, but that cheapie you picked up
in
>> tesco
>> for 30 quid on a whim will play anything you chuck at it :/
>
> Indeed, that's exactly my finding too.  The cheapest nastiest players
> usually play everything!

Annoying isn't it?  I recently sent my brother a dvd with a load of mp1
files on it for him to either a) burn to 1/2 a dozen CD's to watch, or b)
just watch on his PC.  This was done as a drag-n-drop Data DVD, not made
into a "proper" DVD.
For reasons best known to himself, my brother decided to bung it in his
el-cheapo dvd player to see what happened and.....it presented him with a
menu of all the mpg files so he could select which one to play, and they
all worked perfectly.
Donchay just hate that?  If I tried something like that with my 400 quid
sony, it'd just laugh in my face :(