Re: Help... TiVo died on the operating table

Stuart Billinghurst wrote:

> I saw that someone else downloaded that BT of the Virgin Tivo,
>
> Having tried the restore it fails at 69.94% with a decompression
error, I am
> thinking this may be a download fault so an re-downloading it from BT,
but
> has anyone else had a problme with this file or this problem
restoring? Do I
> have a fault else than the backup file?

:( Sorry to hear that.

I have not heard of anyone having problems with that file...... it has
been ftp downloaded on countless occasions, and my tracker says it's
been downloaded at least 10 times.

I've certainly not had anyone else say they've had a problem with it.

Are you following Hinsdale's with restore a pre-tested image? Do you
have a spare drive you could try restoring to (at least 40Gb) incase
it's a drive problem?

Cheers
--
Doogie