RE: HomeVision and C-Bus

  • Subject: RE: HomeVision and C-Bus
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:16:40 +0100

=20

I know I tried to buy that same one !=20=20
You do need to be able to run the latest ROM's - and some very early
HomeVision units can't do this. I thought yours was one in this category or
have you sorted this ? - Didn=92t you buy unit #0004 or something :-)

>=20
> > If I
> > provided a HomeVision additional serial port extension=20
> box (similar to=20
> > the existing serial port expansion) but with a direct=20
> C-Bus connection=20
> > inside would people be interested in buying such an add on ?
>=20
> Is this all that's required for HV to drive C-Bus?=20

Yes it would be all that is required for the 'macro' solution, it is
probably about half the cost of the gateway solution (=A3100+VAT vs =A3199)

Or is=20
> this the solution that requires lots of Macros unlike your=20
> "hardware" solution.

This is the macro based solution - it uses more macros and more resources
e=
variables and processor time within HomeVision and also does not handle
instant synchronisation with C-Bus - although it does over time.  My
'hardware' solution already has inbuilt C-Bus so not a problem and performs
faster with less demands on HomeVision, it also has power on synch.
Actuall=
both solutions need extra macros but the software only solution needs more.