Re: Re: Speed trap detection

Graham Howe wrote:

> However I now spend most of my time in a crappy old Scenic driving
> to and from work through the length of Buckinghamshire.
> Unfortunately my daily commute takes me through several 30 zones and
> past 4 speed cameras. I have passed each camera 1000 times and three
> times too quickly (37, 38 and 39). So I'm now on 9 points and will
> be for another 2 years.
> Now you might well ask how I managed to get caught as I know the
> cameras are there (one I have been caught by twice now!) But the
> reality is that on my incredibly boring commute each day my
> concentration does occasionally lapse. It's not an excuse, it's a
> fact of life (mine at least) that I can't sit in a car for over an
> hour on a journey I know off by heart and not think about other
> things :-(

:-(

I can see that a reminder would be useful. How long before the reminder
becomes too familiar and gets ignored though?

I feel your pain, but would recommend finding a way to solve the root
cause. My current route to work involves several small lanes where you
have to slow to 10mph in the winding bits. It takes 40 minutes instead
of potentialy 25, but I miss all the worst traffic jams and have a much
less stressful journey (and there's no cameras ;-)

Any chance you'd be able to fit an aftermarket cruise control? I use
mine to good effect for 30/40mph limits quite often...

Jim