RE: Speed trap detection

  • Subject: RE: Speed trap detection
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:13:37 +0100

The problem with the current batch of laser guns (as far as we un-law
abiding citizens are concerned) is that at two miles the spread of the
laser
beam is 18 inches (I've had a play with one and they're great fun - a
friend
is a traffpol, you should see people sh*t themselves when you stand at the
side of the road with one!) - they don't bounce around hardly and to be
absolutely honest it looks as though you can even get caught without
setting
off your laser detector depending on where they target on your car and
where
your detector is. At 25 readings per second then you're pretty fooked.
Laser
detectors are a COMPLETE waste of money IMO.

Laser diffusers are the only way to go but again you can be caught out
depending on where they target on your car.

Phil