Re: 1TB Raid?

  • Subject: Re: 1TB Raid?
  • From: "ianh1000" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 20:35:08 -0000

Hi All.

Does Anyone here have an opinion/expierience with SATA?
From the comercial space where I work they look cheap but are not=20
designed to run 24x7, the MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) in=20
comparison with SCSI is very poor. I would be happy to use them in a=20
PC but not sure about a file server. I would prefer a solution that=20
used a hot spare disk myself. I guess it depends if you could reload=20
all the data if you had to. My configurations can use 500+ spindles=20
so the chances of one failing are high. This is work not HA at home=20
by the way. Perhaps I am justy paranoid?

Ian

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Stuart Poulton"=20