Latest message you have seen: RE: Comfort Design Question

Re: Re: [OT] PC Power Button

Be a little careful here as it is not all that obvious. I have just
extended the on button wires on my computer as I was fed up with bending
under the table to turn it on. (I used to use X-10 but putting the machine
on a UPS scuppered that one :-()

Anyway, the new 4 foot of wire acted as a wonderful aerial and the machine
turns on for the oddest of reasons e.g. turning the florescent lights off.
The fix was to unplug it and rethink. I am going to have to put a small
relay or something in there to get round this but that is one of the jobs
for this week or the weekend.

Ian

"Ben Geach"
<BenUKHA@oursmart