Latest message you have seen: RE: Comfort Design Question

Re: Comfort System c-bus

  • Subject: Re: Comfort System c-bus
  • From: "Patrick Lidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:40:30 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Scott Goodwin" <scott@s...> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am looking into purchasing the comfort system, how do you get it
to control alll your infra red devices??

There is a dedicated Comfort Technical mailing list I think?

> Anyone got any experience with this system.

Comfort will do IR output using pre-programmed codes from any
designated output on the main board (but not the expansion module,
IIRC), simply by connecting an IR LED and series resistor (ie you can
implement zoned IR control). These codes can then be triggered in
response to an internal action or externally initiated from e.g. a PC
running homeseer with the comfort plug-in, or via xAP using the
comfort connector.

Comfort will also report specific IR events using either IR enabled
keypads or a thing called a RIO module, to which you connect dinky
little IR sensors. The matched IR code is then reported as an event,
and can be used to trigger internal actions or picked up by external
advices as above (RIO support for homeseer plugin/comfort connector
is imminent).

> Also anyone using c-bus lighting??
>
> I am wanting to do follow-me lighting in the hall and zone and mood
elsewhere, anyone running similar systems who could offer advice
etc.....

Kevin Hawkins is your man for this question I think - I don't have
first hand experience myself.

Patrick