Latest message you have seen: Re: COM Port help please...

Re: A Bit OT (Maybe) - CD Ripping

  • Subject: Re: A Bit OT (Maybe) - CD Ripping
  • From: lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:46:54 +0100 (BST)

> I have to rip a load of CD's (don't ask) and wondered what the best
free
> ripper was out there, I thought someone was bound to know in here? I
need
> have CDDB lookup etc if at all poss.

Not free, but cheap - try Easy CD-Da extractor - only $30 or so.
http://www.poikosoft.com/

There's a 30 day (or thereabouts) trial version you can download to try.
Claims to handle crap CD's like EAC does, but you have the convenience of
LAME MP3/WMA/Ogg etc etc support built in, so no faffing around with
EAC->WAV->MP3 or wotnot.
Reads info from freeddb.org if it can, and also has a batch converter to
convert shed loads of formats to shed loads of other formats.

If you're too tight to part with 30 greenbacks then I'm sure it's
available from the usual sources ;)