Re: Pics with Sony Wired Remotes

Hi

If you insist on Maplin I would think the QL26D would do. I haven't read
the specs but it is a small regulator as
pictured on the armory web page but you will have to check the pinout. It
is a good idea to put smoothing caps on the voltage regulator as he
mentioned and also a .1uf on the vcc into the chip as close to the chip as
possible. If you are living on the edge start with just a .1uf on the chip
and add others if there are problems.

As for the cap, I guess just read the specs of the ones available and see
if you can justify the price. Differences are in the size, construction
and characteristics e.g. low leakage. Find something that looks good i.e.
has a good tolerance, fits in the package and is affordable. Price varies
between pence and several pounds. The RG23A is nearly 2 quid
but 5% and the 104K1D is 10% and 10p.

If the chips are one time programmable (OTP) versus eprom then: if the
eprom one is eprom and not eeprom and you are not developing then go for
the OTP one. The difference is eprom = erasable programmable read only
memory and the other is almost the same at electrically erasable ......
For the former you will need a UV light box and lots of patience to erase
it, the latter takes fractions of a second as you program it.