Latest message you have seen: Re: ADSL Over CAT5

RE: Re: LCD drive bay panels

  • Subject: RE: Re: LCD drive bay panels
  • From: "James Hoye" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:13:59 +0100

> I know its a very sad thing but i'd be quite happy to just have a
> complete system arrive on my doorstep, plug it in and away I go at
> the moment!  Its all to technical for me (a simple network engineer)
> to grasp!  I don't really want to be spending loads of dosh on
> something I KNOW I will never use!

Andy....?  :)

> BTW, if you haven't set up your asterisk system yet, how are you
> getting your cisco phone to work?  And, are you likely to be
> upgrading to the new color screen model any time soon?

I had the 7940 working directly with FWD at first - quite easy to do - but
daunting if you don't know how - the supplied documentation is only
slightly
less useful than a chocolate fireguard!  Still there is quite a lot on
Cisco's site - but working out *which* bits apply is brain numbing.
Fortunately someone helped me and sent me configuration files which made it
very easy.

Once the new box arrived and I'd got Linux & Asterisk installed, Andy
set it
up so that the 7940 went through Asterisk.  Until I add an FXO card to
bring
my analogue line into Asterisk, it's not terribly useful/powerful to me at
the moment, other than free VoIP calls.

At around £250 for a 7940 (and PSU) I don't think I'll be going colour just
yet!

James