Latest message you have seen: Google Wave

Re: LCD drive bay panels

  • Subject: Re: LCD drive bay panels
  • From: "Matthew Miles" <m_miles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:16:08 -0000

Hi James,

I've been trying to sort one of these too! (When you get Asterisk set
up etc can you tell me how you got the LCD to display the stuff you
wanted please as i am unfamiliar with Linux - in fact if your using a
1 line PBX maybe you could throw a copy of your HD image onto a
CD?? :)).

Anyway, i'm straying again! Maplin do a matrix orbital 5.25 USB one
in a few different colors (code A45BG).  I also saw some at
www.modwarehouse.com (but their site is down at the moment).  Failing
these I would use www.kustompcs.co.uk - very helpful staff and speedy
delivery (bought from them before, but otherwise no affiliation)
they do quite a large range to suit all tastes and available spaces!

HTH,

Matt

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "James Hoye" <yahoo@j...> wrote:
> As I'm building my new Linux server to run Asterisk (amongst other
things) I
> would like to add an LCD display in one of the 5.25" drive bays
give me
> some status information like temperature, voicemails/emails waiting
etc.

> lcdproc I've seen before and presume is the way to get the info
onto the
> display.
>
> What I'm after is a source of bezels/mounting kit/LCD display.
Matrix