Latest message you have seen: Re: Solar PV Monitoring

scart q's / IR repeater circuit required

  • Subject: scart q's / IR repeater circuit required
  • From: "Pankaj Dhokia" <pankaj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:24:44 +0100

I'm shifting my AV stuff to node0 atm. I've got the usual suspects, DVD,
Tivo, VCR, Sky, dig sat...I just use Scart leads to connect them up. The
DVD
goes direct to Scart-in 2 of the TV and the others are chained together and
looped through.

When I move the kit to node0, what is the best option to conenct the
devices
to the TV? Options I've thought about are:

Connect all the devices to a Scart switcher box, then:

a) use a wireless sender to send the output of the switcher box to the TV
b) use an extra long (got a 10m lead) Scart lead direct to the TV
c) Kat5

first choice is option b, cos I already have it and you can't beat direct
wiring.

Obviously I'll need to repeat IR. I remember somebody had a circuit
(Keith?)
for this.

Any plus/negs about my choices above?