Latest message you have seen: RE: best HD media player to replace xbmc

What would you do differently?

  • Subject: What would you do differently?
  • From: "Stuart Grimshaw" <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:58:26 +0100

If you were doing your HA install again, and you knew then what you knew
now, what would you do differently?

If I were re-doing the house like I have over the past twelve months, I
wouldn't be such a lazy gimp. I've totally re-decorated the house, and I
gave myself plenty of time to do each bit, but then went and left it to
the last minute and didn't get chance to do what I wanted :-( For example,
in the bedroom I have a cat5 outlet, but no cat5 attached to it because I
left myself too little time to get the floorboards up.

The cableing from the living room to upstairs is tacked to the wall, and
looks a mess, I should have done that properly too.

So, you've learned from your mistakes, so why not share them with the
group, and the archive, what you have learned?

Lets try and keep this on topic, at least for a few days, hopefully the
thread will have some good info in it, it'd be a shame to see it get lost
in the noise when searching on the archive site ...

--
-S