Latest message you have seen: Re: CBus Touch Screens and CBus Wiser

RE: Re: xAP HomeSeer plugin - Released

  • Subject: RE: Re: xAP HomeSeer plugin - Released
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:17:23 +0100

>    >

>	Paul - just a  thought - if you are running xPLHAL on the same
>machine then you can enable the xAP hub within that application, that's
>quite a good path to go if you are using both xPL and xAP in a mixed
>environment as you can script interaction bewteen the two in xPLHAL.
Make
>sure the hub(s) start before any xPL or xAP applications (otherwise
later
>launched applications will appear to be deaf). If the HS plugin is the
only
>xAP application then you don't need a hub.

Thanks Kevin. I haven't yet looked at xPLHAL, although it is (somewhere) on
my to-do list.... but currently the Homeseer plugin is the only x??
application running....

>	To initially play I would suggest downloading xAP Weather from
>www.mi4.biz  (as it needs no extra hardware)or perhaps xAP Slim
connector
>from www.xapframework.net if you have a SliMP3 or Squeezebox.  These
are
>two
>good demo 'input' applications, the Slim connector giving you some IR
>triggers as well. Following on from that for 'output' I would introduce
xAP
>Watcher or for a really flashy display environment with the floating
>transparent windows xAP Desktop from www.mi4.biz. The Slim connector
will
>already offer you a full queue managed display environment for those
>players.  If you have a Meteor CID unit then that also makes a nice
>introduction and there is an appropriate 'pop up' display template
already
>in xAP Desktop.

I do have a SLIMP3, although currently (temporarily) not in use. - I
replaced it with a miniITX PC in the kitchen and will redeploy the Slim in
the bedroom (the only room in the house that doesn't have a PC in it!).
I've
got as far as downloading several of the xAP apps, including most of those
you mention, - nothing installed yet though... :-(

>	The xAP Automation list
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xap_automation/
will provide the best help
>forum for the many new xAP users that will emerge through the HomeSeer
>integration . The plugin has made a great start with documentation this
>time
>(well done James) and there will be more 'how to's ' appearing shortly
as
>people play. One of the great things about the HS Pluging is not only
that
>all xAP devices become integrated as HomeSeer devices but the reverse
is
>true - any HomeSeer device becomes a xAP device - so all those plugins
for
>HS now offer xAP interaction too :-)  This provides for many
alternative
>ways to solve your integration needs - just what xAP is intended to do.

Do you know if the xAP conduit will be offerred via the Homeseer Updater? -
that would probably bring it to the attention of quite a few more people!

And I have been thinking about doing a Homeseer plugin for my Panny Plasma
serial interface....