Latest message you have seen: RE: Hot water taps

Re: Re: CBUS Course

All input units (switches, mostly) use power off the cbus - about 18ma
each. You need
enough power put onto the bus to power everything that takes from it. The 8
channel
dimmers with power supply add 200ma. If you have many switches and dimmers,
you'd work out
how much power you need to supply to the bus and make the appropriate
number of dimmers
with power supply and the rest without.

In your case, 6 switches plus PCI can be fed from one dimmer with power
supply (although
if that power supply ever died, then nothing would work. But since you're
only planning a
single dimmer for now, this wouldn't be a problem for you).

The software is free and can be freely downloaded from here:
http://www.clipsal.com/cis/downloads.php3.
There's also a calculator there so you can
check that the number of cbus units you have are adequately powered.

I heard courses were only stopped temporarily, while they sort themselves
out following
their move and new ownership. Could be wrong though.

HTH
Paul