Latest message you have seen: Re: CBus Touch Screens and CBus Wiser

Re: Convert RF to Composite?

  • Subject: Re: Convert RF to Composite?
  • From: "daveywavey001" <da@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 22:55:21 -0000

lol! ok ok! point taken. guess i need to explain a bit more.  Im=20
doing a high end system for a customer.  20x100w channel multi-room=20
AV, 16x16 (composite) video switching. huge hard disk music server, 4=20
LCD TVs. 8 touch screen in-wall LCD/TV panels. also controlling=20
Lighting, Heating, Curtains, Blinds etc. (using US system from Elan=20
Home Systems -  yes we're talking =A3=A3=A3!) -all the sexy stuff you
can=20
imagine basically. Im using 8 video sources so far. hate the idea=20
of "switching" to the TV (terrestrial) source then having to pick
up=20
the Sharp LCD remote to change RF channels!  So, im thinking - get=20
5 "cheap, small" TV tuner boxes and set each to one of the 5
major=20
terrestrial chanels, convert the output to composite (hence the=20
question!) and connect to 5 of the free video inputs on the switcher!=20
realise we talking nut/sledgehammer stuff here - but my nice full-
height Middle Atlantic rack hasn't got any space for 5 more vcrs! now=20
i know I could use the IR out on the video switcher to send an IR=20
signal to the sharp LCD tuner box - but thats a whole other story why=20
i dont want to - not least having the opportunity to use the cheaper=20
37" LCD monitors over the TV. Also means the In-wall touch panels
can=20
now select the TV chanel. phew!
tx
Dave

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@a...> wrote:
>=20
> > I'm guessing "any old redundant VCR" isnt what you're
after ?