RE: Airconditioning

  • Subject: RE: Airconditioning
  • From: "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:49:10 +0100

I agree, it depends what you are expecting to achieve.

We have the 12000BTU (=A3199 I think) and a Homebase one 2 year old 8000
on=
(also from Homebase but it was =A3299 =3D:O)

The 12000 BTU one brings our living room & conservatory down a couple
of
degrees and it makes so much difference!
I drilled a 4" hole in the wall and used a WM vent kit to vent the
exhaust =
-
we put it on to cool the room when we get in from work because the
conservatory acts like a huge greenhouse during the midday/morning sun.

We use the 8000 BTU one in the bedroom to cool it down before sleep - I set
the timer when were in bed to kill it once we are asleep

I wish builders in the UK would really consider fitting Air-conditioning at
build time.  The covenants and neighbours prevent us from having a split
system because there is nowhere to 'hide' the external unit :-(