Re: All in Wonder tuner (was: TFT monitor as TV)

  • Subject: Re: All in Wonder tuner (was: TFT monitor as TV)
  • From: "big_red_frog" <anthony.tod@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 22:03:52 -0000

Thanks for that.

If you have no exlamation marks, then in theory it should be alright
now, though it may be worth running that step anyway, small gods of
code and all that.

Hopefully the hot fix to directX 9b did the trick for you.

So is this encoder something that comes in with Windows Media Player
9 anyway, or something extra I have to install. I have the latest
Media player on the system already.

Grrr. It is so frustrating not being able to fix this right now!

Dont think SWMBO would take to kindly to me trying to Messenger her
through the whole process!

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Robinson" <ukcueman@y...>
wrote:
> Yes - they all claimed to be ok (although they claimed to be ok
before today when there
> were problems anyway)
>
> For the stero stuff - have you installed Windows Media Encoder 9?
The instructions for
> MMC9.0 say it's required.
>
> It's here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.
aspx

wrote:
> > > I now have it working, mostly. The only problem I have now
is
that
> > on a stereo source, I
> > > hear a buzzer sound as if it hasn't decoded the sound
properly.
> > have to turn it to mono
> > > for it to sound right.
> > >
> > > Once I do this, the picture and sound are good. Changing
channel is
> > relatively slow
> > > though.
> > >
> > > This was *without* doing the final step you suggested -
> > reinstalling the WDM part on its
> > > own.
> > >
> > > As for fine tuning - if you add a new channel (TV-->Set
up-->TV
> > Tuner-->Add Channel) then
> > > you have to enter the frequency rather than channel. So you
can
try
> > different frequencies
> > > according to the table found here:
> > > http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/terrestrial/tuning/
> > >
> > > It's not great, but it's better than nothing.
> > >
> > > Paul

that also
> > looks

> > local

the
AIW

so,
where
> > the

<ukcueman@y...>
Although my
running on my
37"
a 15"
LCD. I

<anthony.tod@z...>

DirectX 9b kills
it
> > off as
you get Video
in,
or SVideo.

to make no

> > 42c6-

but I think
> > these

of Display
> > Driver,
29.7 megs.

4.56 megs from
the
> > low

from here.

type=xp&prodType=mm&prod=aiwWINXPdriver&submit.x=9&submit.y=6

you presently
have.

the same
problem.