From: Phil Harris [mailto:phil@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 06 June 2004 15:33
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Not HA but more Home Comforts...

A few years ago I bought a ceiling fan from B&Q which is in my computer
room
and does a great job of making the room bearable in hot weather ... What's
unusual about it is that it has *NO* light built into it and that's why I
bought it - I hate the dangly cords and counting the number of pulls to
adjust the fan speed etc.

Now I'd like to get at least a couple more - one for on the stairs to get
some air movement there and one for in our bedroom (a normal pedestal fan
makes more noise than I really want to sleep with) - but I can no longer
find these units at B&Q and no-one there seems to have been there long
enough to remember the fan itself.

So - does anyone know of a supplier that carries ceiling fans that *DON'T*
have lights integrated into them? The one I currently have is just a
simple
unpainted metal finish and came complete with a cheap and tacky feeling
white plastic speed controller that replaces the existing light switch but
it does its job superbly ... Know where I can get something similar?

Cheers

Phil