Re: TFT monitor as TV

> It looks very good, but there are a few features that I prefer in
Xlobby
> (always the way, eh?), such as the weather reports.  Ideally, I'd have
> server multicasting the data controlled by xAP or xPL, and send the
relevent
> commands from Xlobby.
http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=38
will let you do the control of DigiTV via xAP. You should be able to
easily send xAP messages from the command line from an xlobby button.
Two things:
1, You will need to use at least 2 of the xAP servers. Things like
volume control, osd, mute will need to be handled by the client but the
channel change will need to be done on the server.
2, I used in the past a p3 1ghz laptop to pick up a multicast broadcast,
just 1 stream, and it took over 80% cpu, I fear a p2 just won't be able
to do it.

That assumes that I can find a client that works with
> the multicast software, or multicast software that works with the
card!
digitv and xAP does all you need, except speed the laptops up!

James