Re: Broadband - Eclipse just changed everything!!

  • Subject: Re: Broadband - Eclipse just changed everything!!
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 04:21:04 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ian Lowe" <ian@w...> wrote:
> I have to admit I'm kinda taken aback - this is easily the
> best new thing to happen in broadband in the UK since the
> DSL rollout started. That it could be seen as a negative is
> alien to me.

Ian

Thats because you are taking flex at face value and failing to be
cynical.

This is neat now cos its optional and effectively cost free

Once you are forced to change tarrifs based on usage in the future,
you wont like it then, and hark back to the days when you knew how
much your broadband would cost for a month.  All you'll have to do
is wait a while, and it will happen.

Just so you can appreciate how lucky you are, where I am (New
Zealand) we have less options for broadband.  For example there is a
package "Xtra JetStream Home 500 Full Speed" which is a 512KB
ADSL
connection with a 500MB "allowance" per month.  Exceed 500MB, and
you get charged extra per MB.  There are no true unlimited or "flat
rate" plans here.

These are the kind of plans that ISPs like.