Latest message you have seen: MCE and NTL

RE: tidy install of loftbox/labgear ? help

  • Subject: RE: tidy install of loftbox/labgear ? help
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 07:52:38 +0100

Ian,

One of these ? http://www.networkedhome.co.uk/range/65

I don't have one, but have been planning for something similar.
Unfortunately the form-factor of the Labgear / Loftbox don't lend
themselves to rack mounting particularly easily. My plan was to wall
mount it, then tidy the cables with something like these:
http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CPC+Catalogue&;
category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=255253

With the Labgear unit horizontally; I planned for one main run of
trunking running vertically with two smaller runs horizontally above &
below the dist. amp itself. I was thinking of a 50mm to 100mm gap
between the trunking & connections on the amp. This should give
reasonable finger room to make the connections.

I guess you could rack mount it though, however if you mimic what I've
described above you lose a lot of height from your rack (guessing approx
10U). You could also mount it all on a shelf, but then you lose the
ability to get to the connections should you need to :-(

I'd go for the wall-mount option :-)

HTH,

Tim H.

+