Latest message you have seen: RE: OT: iPhone, N95 or Blackberry Bold?

RE: HA - Value added?

  • Subject: RE: HA - Value added?
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:56:40 +0100

>We get this all the time from self-builders and developers, in that
they
>are wary of committing to putting something "new fangled"
into their homes
>in case they can't use it or at best find it more difficult to
>understand/use than what they are used to.

Yup that's that 'crux' of the matter. Builders don't build they subcontract
people to build. They are scared to death of anything that may leave them
liable to customer support or service. Especially within the first 2 years
(If NHBC or similar.) where they are liable, talk to them about a service
that will a) Cost them little b) Add a USP or premium to their properties.
c) Involve no direct support or comeback then they may start to listen. But
ultimately until the consumer starts to demand audio integration and bus
lighting then it will be a slow process.

The day is coming (And its close!) where you will walk into a high street
shop and buy your new home, you will choose your kitchen, bathroom and
white
goods. Choose your soft furnishings. (That's 'HER' buying.) Then you will
(That's 'HIM' buying!) buy the car for the garage, choose your brown goods
for the lounge, select your cable/broadband service and with any luck
choose
your range of HA goodies. All these services will be from the house
builders
range of approved partners. Those partners will support and warrant the
service/product independently.

All scary stuff, its like some creepy Stephen King film. But its coming to
town near you sooner than you think!

<final thought> I wonder if we one day will be able to buy a SWMBO
with our
first house........Hmmmm........HA compliant only though :-)

Rob