Latest message you have seen: =?iso-8859-1?Q?RE=3A_=5Bukha=5Fd=5D_Kitchen_Flip_Down_LCD_TV_=A3169=2E99?=

RE: HA - Value added?

  • Subject: RE: HA - Value added?
  • From: "Stephen Jones" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:38:32 +0100

I think the main problem is that people are scared of technology that they,
or trusted friends/family, aren't familiar with. They won't fully trust
someone trying to sell them something, which includes CI companies and
estate agents.

We get this all the time from self-builders and developers, in that they
are
vary of committing to putting something "new fangled" into their
homes in
case they can't use it or at best find it more difficult to understand/use
than what they are used to.

Roll on the point in time when multi-room audio and bus lighting control
systems (and many other systems) become wide-spread enough so as homebuyers
are asking for it, rather than installers like me or DIYer's having to sell
the concept and the fact that it is reliable and does give real benefits to
non-technical persons.

We get very few people that have seen anything similar to what we offer
before they talk to us, but those that have are obviously much easier to
sell to.

Hopefully the truth is that a properly installed system will increase the
property value but perhaps not until a "few" years has passed and
the market
is more aware of the technology.

SJ