Latest message you have seen: Re: WoooHooo - Another 7 Circuits on cbus

Re: PC IR Control

I'm not a Digiguide user, but there might be a couple of ways to do this
us=
ing xAP.
The benefit of using xAP is that the equipment isn't just tied to one
appli=
cation, any combination or number of xAP device/application can interact
fr=
eely.=20

I've asked on the xap_automation list if anyone has enabled digiguide, but
=
for now here's another potential solution

You'd neeed three things=20
1. Something to trigger the channel change, xAPTV (software)
2. Something to respond to the trigger message, Homeseer, Misterhouse,
litt=
le homemade app (Software)=20
3. Something to send the IR signal, Red Rat3 looks ideal. (Hardware and
bit=
of software)

Download and set up xAPTV as in this guide here http://www.mi4.biz/modules.=
php?name=3DContent&pa=3Dshowpage&pid=3D18
Set "Triggers" in xAPTV for your program. xAPTV will then send
out a trigge=
r message whenever it starts (or a duration before it starts).

Download Homeseer and the xAP Plugin Homeseer from http://www.homeseer.com =
Plugin from http://www.mi4.biz
Set up homeseer devices for the trigger messages and xAP events to send IR
=
using the channel information. More information on the xAP list or at
mi4.b=
iz.

Download the xAP Red Rat Connector from http://www.xapframework.net and buy=
a Red Rat3 from http://www.redrat.co.uk Copy your remote
controls into the=
redrat software, fire up the xAP connector and it should work.

If you don't want to mess with Homeseer, ask on the xap_automation list
and=
someone may be able to quickly knock up a simple console app to do this fu=
nction.

Cost
The xAP bits are the best price - free!
Homeseer liscence is about =A390