Latest message you have seen: [ADVERT] InFocus Screenplay 4805 + Brand New & Boxed Lamp

Re: PC IR Control

James,

Saturday, July 24, 2004, 12:30:52 PM, you wrote:

JI> Apologies if this is a FAQ people, I just feel a bit overloaded with
JI> information!

JI> I want to use my PC to send IR commands to a Freeview Set Top Box to
JI> change channel.... Does anyone have any simple solutions (hardware
JI> software) that might help me do this simply and cheaply? (sadly I
JI> know little about electronics and nothing about programming!)

JI> FYI the reason I want to do this is to record the audio channels
JI> from Freeview using Digiguide as the trigger...(I happened to have
JI> an old Freeview box lying around)...I can do the triggers in
JI> Digiguide if I can just find some way of getting the channels to
JI> change!!

I use a RedRat 3 for this - www.redrat.co.uk - there are a number of
other IR senders out there but this one does the job for me.
And see this post on the Digiguide forum :-

http://forums.digiguide.com/topic.asp?whichpage=1&pagesize=15&id=11077

--
Best regards,
Rob                            mailto:rob@xxxxxxx