Latest message you have seen: RE: ...also...

Re: Re: ADSL router recommendation

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:35:54 -0000, mrtrilby <lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Upgrading the firmware is an option, but there's no guarantee it'll
> fix it and it's impossible to test because the failure is so
> unpredictable

I used to have the problems you describe all the time. So much so that
I had my vigor2600 on an appliance module and MrHouse set to reboot it
if it couldn't ping it.

After installing v2.5.5_UK firmware though, it's been rock solid. If
you haven't got this firmware version I highly recommend it. I can
personally vouch for the fact that the previous 4 firmware versions
were flakey as a bastard ;)

ant