Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Smart Metering Privacy

Re: ADSL router recommendation

  • Subject: Re: ADSL router recommendation
  • From: "mrtrilby" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:35:54 -0000

Steve,

I can't get to it at the moment to confirm firmware version, but
I've never upgraded it. Symptoms are the router just hangs - usually
the "I'm alive light" freezes, although not always, and it won't
respond to a ping from either the WAN or LAN. It doesn't seem
correlated to periods of high activity, although it does get a
reasonable bashing.

Upgrading the firmware is an option, but there's no guarantee it'll
fix it and it's impossible to test because the failure is so
unpredictable - last one was one day into a week long holiday in New
York. I'm beginning to really hate it, which is a shame, but in all
other respects it's great.

Ray Barnett.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Steve Abbott" <steve.abbott@f...>