Re: TomTom GPS and an Ipaq question

  • Subject: Re: TomTom GPS and an Ipaq question
  • From: "Ben Geach" <BenUKHA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:29:29 -0000

Hi Darren,
I have the TomTom 3 Bluetooth gps with an ipaq 4150.

For most of the journeys i do, i dont use the power cord for the car
as the battery life is fine.

Therefore if u can find a suitable mount for your handlebar area,
there shouldnt be a problem, it will probably be best to use a
custom built one not the universal (foam arm) style clamp one that I
have as it could easily slide out of that.

As for the Bluetooth GPS receiver, i think that it needs direct sky
sight, so maybe you could mount above your speedometer?

It all depends on what scooter you have really.

Also, will you be using voice instructions? Maybe a earphones from
the ipaqs headphone jack? Remember in bright sun, i find it
difficult to read my ipaqs screen without taking my eyes off the
road for a dangerous amount of time.

HTH,
Ben