RE: Cute LED fixtures

  • Subject: RE: Cute LED fixtures
  • From: "James Hoye" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:21:39 +0100

> This might be the same stuff as the flexible neon...
>
> http://www.luxaura.com/tech.shtml
<http://www.luxaura.com/tech.shtml>

This one appears to be the light guide part - meaning you can pump whatever
colour light you wish down it.  There's even a "HOWTO" that shows
you how to
build your own LED module!

The NeoNeon one seems to offer a fixed range of colours, white not
included.

The Luxaura stuff looks EXACTLY the sort of stuff I'm after for replacing
my
under-unit fluorescent lighting with in the kitchen.  Cooler running
(doesn't melt stuff in the cupboard above) and very low wattage thanks to
LEDs.

Just wonder if even with the most powerful white LED that I can find at
each
end that it will be bright enough to adequately illuminate the worktop area
under an 800mm cupboard.  Maybe using two lengths in parallel would help.

Looking at their online ordering, they seem to offer "developer
kits"
comprising 2x 6ft guides (14mm dia with two reflector sizes), 8 LED modules
(2 each off R, G, B and amber) for US$109.

The site says 6ft lengths in fixed quantities per box are available too -
but they don't appear in the "shop".

Something worth further investigation I think :)

James H