Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Recommendations for a graphics card with RGB or s-video out?

Re: Xbox Xecuter 2.3B chip?

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:43:48 +0100, Ho Yin Ng
<yahoogroups@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>Finally about to take the plunge .. people have recommended the Xecuter
>2.3b lite chip.
>
>Now there is a Lite and Pro Lite?
>
>The Pro does not require soldering .. obviously this is an advantage
for me
>. as I have zero soldering skills.
>
>However are there any other advantages of using the Lite and getting it
>soldered on rather than this plug in jobbie?

I think you are getting the Lite Plus and Pro confused. The Xecuter
2.3b Lite Plus is the pogo-pin (no solder) version of the 2.3b Lite.
Xecuter 2.3b Pro is a slightly enhanced version. I think (from memory)
it has more flash memory onboard and an LPT port connector so you can
flash the BIOS from a PC.

As far as choosing between the Lite and Plus modchips, there is no
difference in functionality. Most people recommend soldering the chip
if you possibly can. Having gone for the Plus version myself I'm
inclined to agree, especially if you will be moving the Xbox around at
all. My chip managed to shift off its contacts the other day, even
though I haven't moved the Xbox since I installed it.

David.