Re: dedicated cd players versus jukebox software: which is best?

Stephen wrote:

> I was thinking of making images of my cds onto the hard drive and then
> using some jukebox software to play them, but I have now seen that
> Sony sell a cd player that hold 300 discs! What are the
> advantages/disadvantages of each option? Which is best?

Mechanical slowness loading it, no intuitive UI to choose, just disc and
track
numbers, taking discs out to copy for the car etc.

Big gaps between random play.

One person listening at a time

Hastle burning downloaded music to it to play

costs more then a pair of huge HDDs which will give you redundency/offsite
back
up - its so easy for a dirty thief to lift the player and all your tunes.

Go Big HDD, rip to wav, encode to flac, and play with something like
foobar2000