From: keyvan2r [mailto:keyvan@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 08 July 2004 20:08
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Slink-e question

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "David Claxton" <UKHA@c...> wrote:
> Is there anyone on the list who can tell me what I'd need to add
to my
> Slink-e to use it as an infra red transmitter? The Slink-e mailing
list is
> predominantly USA based and I'd like a UK solution.

Are you talking about software or hardware?
For software I use MLserver and HomeSeer (both US based I'am afraid).
It mostly depends on what and how you want to use and
control/command the IR transmission capabilty.
I find the slinke very good and reliable for sending IR to HiFi and
AV kit from a pc. Not so good for receiving IR to trigger actions.
For that I mainly use HomeVision.
For hardware, the slinke works fine with all xantech and compatible
hardware.

HTH

Keyvan