Re: Slink-e question

  • Subject: Re: Slink-e question
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:34:06 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Rob Mouser" <groups@m...> wrote:
> Hi David
>
> Do you know if you can connect to multiple Xantech zones
> (I believe the Slink-e supports 6 zones?)from the slink-e using
> a resistor cable?

I believe the full answer is that it depends on the version.  The
pre-Xantech units its a maybe.

The modern slink-e units have a 25D connector into which plugs an
expansion board.  This has optoisolators and transistor drivers for
the additional zones on it.  The power for each Xantech zone is
drawn from the Xantech bus, not the slink-e.